Sarasota Visual Arts summary report of exhibitions and events for the upcoming weekend. This features the weekend of Friday, October 7 through Sunday, October 9.
Friday, October 7
– Longboat Key Center for the Arts: Group exhibition showcasing the works of three Ringling College Alumni Matteo Caloiaro, Brooke Olivares, and Andy Espinoza. Each artist will present 12 – 17 paintings depicting a variety of subjects.
Y Not Women
– The Studio at Gulf and Pine: An Homage to Female Artists Throughout History. The public is invited to an exhibit featuring contemporary artwork by “artinsight-sarasota” artists, Bettina Sego, Janet Mishner, Susan von Gries, and Gail Rubinfeld.
– Sarasota Vineyard, 1528 Main Street: The experiences of two Ringling College of Art and Design students who interned with Sarasota County Environmental Services will be chronicled in a new photo exhibition.
Season of Color
– Dabbert Gallery: Group exhibit showcasing Barbara Krupp, William Jerdon, Robert Baxter, Craig Fubadoux, James Griffin, Nat Krate, Nancy Turner
Saturday, October 8
No Limits: Janet Biggs
– Tampa Museum of Art: For more than a decade, New York-based video artist Janet Biggs has explored the tense relationships between athleticism and human ambition, individualism and community, and free will and control. Her work has focused on sports and natural environments and has ranged from the claustrophobic pool with synchronized swimmers to the vast expanse of the High Arctic.
Annual Ringling College Faculty Exhibitions
Coming Next Wednesday
Interview with Scott Gerber, Sarasota’s Tube Dude
: Sarasota Visual Art sits down with Scott Gerber, owner of Sarasota’s TubeDude. This two part series is a one-on-one interview airing Wednesday, October 12.