Looking for the perfect gift for the creative during the holidays? Sarasota Visual Art recently visited with Robert Antovel of Art and Frame Sarasota to get the top 10 must have items.
1. Moleskine Sketchbooks: The Moleskine Large Sketchbook is made with top quality heavy paper and is perfect for on the go drawings, sketches and tempera colors. Every Moleskine product is thread bound and has a cardboard bound cover with rounded corners, acid free paper, a bookmark, an elastic closure and an expandable inner pocket that contains the Moleskine history.
2. Faber-Castell Pens: The leading international manufacturers of high-quality writing, drawing and coloring instruments.
3. GOLDEN Paints: GOLDEN Acrylic Artist paints are known for their exceptionally smooth, thick buttery consistency. This line of acrylic paint contains the largest assortment of unique pure pigments in a 100% acrylic emulsion vehicle available to the professional artist available in tubes, jars, and quarts.
4. MABEF Easels: Known for being strong, solid, reliable and long-lasting, Mabef Easels are an outstanding addition to any studio or gallery. Their oiled, stain-resistant beech wood and sturdy construction make them as beautiful and long-lasting as they are functional. Mabef’s Lifetime Worldwide Guarantee assures the artist a painting partner for life.
5. Canson Infinity Paper: Canson Infinity is the brand name given to the new Digital Fine Art & Photo range crafted in the Canson and Arches mills. For centuries, Arches Velin Museum Rag has been chosen to create lithography, intaglio etchings, engravings, and collotypes by world-renowned artists. Today, Arches Velin Museum Rag is available for the inkjet fine art and photograph market.
6. Black Ink Decorative Papers: Ideal for collage, book arts, card making, découpage, origami, stamping,scrapbooking … there’s just no limit to what you can do with these beautiful decorative papers.
7. Fredix NatureCore Paint Boards: Eco-friendly, super lightweight and eminently paintable, these paint boards from Fredrix are just waiting for you to lay on the paint. Pre-primed with Acid-Free gesso, the mixed media board accepts oil, acrylic and water-based media while the Belgian Linen board is formulated for acrylic, oil and alkyds.
8. Copic Pens: Copic’s inking pens are the perfect tools to have at hand for all of your inking demands. All pens feature a pigment based ink that is both archival and acid free.
9. Fredrix Pro Canvas: Ideal for artists at all skill levels, the Fredrix Pro Series features the world-famous Tcotton duck canvas, double-primed with acid-free acrylic Titanium gesso for professional results. Available in a wide variety of sizes and three profiles every canvas is stretched on kiln-dried stretcher bars, with extra bracing for added support.
10. Intuos4 Pen Tablet: For working professionals and serious creatives alike, Intuos4 represents the finest pen tablet experience ever created by Wacom. And the advantages are many. The Intuos4 speeds production time for photo editing, design and art creation.
Since 1991, Art & Frame has been providing the finest art supplies, with the greatest selection in Sarasota for 20 years and counting. Art & Frame offers both custom framing service and a huge selection of art tools and supplies, seeking to be Sarasota’s one-stop shop for the artistically inclined. It offers gift cards, host classes and will even special order something if you can’t find what you need in store. All of these items and much more are available at Art & Frame of Sarasota located at 1055 South Tamiami Trail Suite 102 Sarasota Florida 34236 or by visiting www.in2art.com/store